Monday, April 15, 2013

Review #3 Glen Garioch Founders Reserve:


Glen Garioch Pronounced Glen Geery for those of you not in the know.
48% ABV, $35.99 at Daveco Liquor Denver CO
Color: Golden Coppery Amber
Nose: Floral, Carmel, Heather, Spice, Grapes, Sherry, Lemon, Apple
Taste: Hot, Cinnamon, Chili Pepper, Fruit and Fruit Rind
Finish: Malty, Syrup, a decently long finish
With Water:
Nose: Almond, Vanilla, Apples
Taste: Honey and Malty
I found this little beaut for a pretty decent price IMO, and liked the tartan box so I thought I'd give it a go. I believe the higher alcohol content does make this scotch a bit hotter/spicier than some I've tasted. Over all a nice dram, quite a bit of flavor for a good price. No real peat in this one, and as they claim to be one of the oldest distilleries in Scotland, Eastern Highlands, in the past they were more known for their use in blends like Vat 69.
My overall scores:
Taste - 68/75
Value - 10/15
Uniqueness - 4/5
Buy Again - 2/5
Overall - 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment